Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > i bought a used maxisys. it is currently...
i bought a used maxisys. it is currently registered to the previous owner, how do i transfer into my name?

4601 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2015-03-09 17:18:21

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    apautomotive
    2015-03-08 21:08:24
      is the registration transferable? Just bought a used maxisys need to register to my name. 

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-03-09 00:09:26 (Reply to:apautomotive)

Yes it is transferable but the previous owner has to log in or give you his/her login info
    then you go to the manage device tab and disassociate it from the previous owner then
    associate it with your information and your done.

•   Level 2   
    (49) points
    apautomotive
    2015-03-09 11:00:48 (Reply to:Screechie)
     ok thanks for the advice. I bought the unit off of ebay, I believe they are a pawn shop. I am not really sure if I can get in contact with the original owner or not. If I can't will I be screwed? 

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-03-09 12:41:42 (Reply to:apautomotive)

Don't worry, just contact China support at support01@autel.com.  She can move your new scanner to your account.  Just give her your serial number, password and log in account name.

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-03-09 13:54:55 (Reply to:Dave08902)

if this is so then someone can easily steal a maxisys and make it legitimately theres not saying what your saying is not true though, just saying the previous owner should have a say.

•   Level 6   
    (413) points
    Dave08902

2015-03-09 14:44:37 (Reply to:Screechie)

This is true Screechie, your right, it could have been stolen, i didn't think of that.  If that is the case, then the previous owner should have called in to report it stolen to Autel.  Maybe support should email the previous owner to verify that it was not stolen and then transfer ownership.  Maybe they already have a protocol setup for this scenario.  In fact, when you go to update, it shows your email address along with s/n.  This information can be used by apautomotive to contact the original owner to see if in fact it was stolen or not and have him transfer ownership.  If it was stolen, then ebay should be notified.

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-03-09 17:15:44 (Reply to:Dave08902)

Thats what I am trying to say bro whenever it is connected to internet iit automatically accesses Autels website with the registered email, all that is missing is the owners account info such as name and password, whomever apautomotive bought it from should be able to provide such details, also they should have provided it at first.

•   Level 6   
    (712) points
    Screechie

2015-03-09 17:18:21 (Reply to:apautomotive)

You wont be screwed but you will have a tool that is not able to be updated, also a possible means to spend time in jail.
  Total1 Pages